...can leap building block towers in a single bound...
Friday, April 20, 2012
April 22nd is Earth Day and we're bringing you 22 eco friendly tips that are simple, effective, and can even earn you money. Now who doesn't like that?
1. Stop buying bottle water and instead invest in a water filter and use a reusable bottle.
2. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
3. Buy or sell clothes/toys at consignment stores. This is especially helpful for kids who seem to grow out of clothes every time you look! If you don't have or don't plan on having another little one that could use the hand me downs-why not try to make a few bucks?
4. Switch from toxic cleaners to natural ones. Our post, "Spring Has Sprung," on the 2nd of this month talks about wonderful, non toxic cleaners, that you already have in your pantry.
5. Wash full loads of laundry and dishes.
6. Choose paperless billing. It's eco friendly and keeps paper clutter in your house at bay!
7. Use reusable grocery bags.
8. Use rags or towels instead of paper towels.
9. Participate in your community's recycling program.
10. Use tupperware or reusable containers instead of plastic bags.
11. Unplug electronics that are not being used.
12. Collect rainwater from your downspouts to water your garden.
13. Opt out of receiving catalogs and junk mail.
14. Try composting.
15. Line dry your clothes.
16. Shop at the local farmer's market.
17. Try going meatless for one meal a week.
18. Bring plants indoors to help purify the air.
19. Use your own coffee mug at the office instead of a paper or styrofoam one.
20. Add rocks to your toilet's tank to help displace the water and save on your water bill!
21.Use energy star products for major household appliances.
Happy Earth Day!
pictures are from the following sources (in order of appearance): clipartsmart.com, care2.com, frjamescoles.wordpress.com, washingtongardener.blogspot.com, apartmenttherapy.com, zerowasteblog.recyclematch.com